4.13.2015

Sewing Nook

Hello everyone! I hope your weekend was as fun filled as our was. So much fun!  
Today I'm going to share photos of my sewing area. I've had so many inquires as to where I sew, how I have it set up, and how I use my space. I thought a few photos would be a great way to share this. So here is my sewing nook.


I have it setup in an area that's meant to be the dining area. My husband was so sweet to let me have this space as my own :D. Since we live in a small apartment, I don't have too much room for my own studio as I previously did.


I store all of my fabric in a china cabinet, and drawers under my table. Any other supplies go in bins or boxes on a half shelf. Which is also under my sewing table.


For now I have a tall make-shift bookshelf which also holds my iron, small ironing supplies, embroidery hoops on the side, of course my sewing books, and a basket of fabric scraps at the bottom. Not so pretty to look at, but its functional & works well for now.


My very talented husband, David, is as handsome as he is handy. He built my sewing table to fit perfectly in this spot. I can't get over how much I love it!
 

I even had enough room to put up a make-shift design board! Basically about a yard of fabric, and rough batting sewn together, and put up with pins.

This area gives me so much joy. It's has plenty of natural light, just enough room for all of my things, and I can even open the patio door for fresh air when the weather is nice out. One other thing I adore about this space?


I can see Samycakes and Dave playing outside while I sew ;D. Here they are throwing snowballs at me this past winter. Bad Boys!

I'm going to miss this place when we finally find our new home. Meanwhile I'll be soaking up my favorite space in our apartment. I hope this has inspired those of you looking to spruce up your small space. It's not much, but it's mine & I love every inch of it!

Don't forget to tune in tomorrow, as it's my turn for the Stash-Busting Blog Hop! I'll be hosting a fun giveaway, so be sure to come back!!

Happy Spring!!

1 comment:

  1. :) Looking at your cheerful (and very neat) sewing nook, makes me want to clean up the mess I've been working in for the last few weeks! I've just been pushing things aside because I'm using mostly scraps, and I know I'll need to pull them out again. But it is so much more efficient to have things put away and a calm space. Love the view from your window!



    ReplyDelete