12.26.2012

TING!!

Happy Day-After-Christmas everyone! Wow was that a long super-fun and happy weekend, wasn't it? We of course didn't get to see anyone, but we did manage get in some face-time with Samy and the in-laws. It turned out almost great. Little did we know Samy was coming down with a fever, so he wasn't himself. Never the less, he's much better now, and everyone enjoyed seeing the SamyCakes :D.

I have so much to share, but there is one thing I'm most excited about. I'll share the rest throughout the week/weekend. Lets get started ;D.

The one big thing about this holiday weekend for me, was finishing off Samys' Blanket before Christmas. If you follow me on one of the social media sites to your left, you know I've been working on this. I've also been teasing everyone with photos every now and again. Ready to see it? Well, I'm ready to show it off! HERE IT IS..


TADAAA! Lol HOLY MOLEY was this a project for me. No real space to get that baby to move in the right direction, it was SO heavy. I used cotton duck fabric, batting, and an old soft light weight blanket for the backing. Which made it really thick, and really hard to move through my machine. Luckily I never broke a needle. So, after having the tute saved for so many months, and after a couple of swaps to get these adorable Robert Kaufman Dr Seuss fabrics -I started out making the bunting..





..then started sewing this cutie together...






..and plenty of do-overs came with this blanket too, oh my goodness! Mostly because I decided I could do it without following all the directions :p. Oh Brother..



After picking out flaws with my seam ripper, hemming uncaught areas, closing up mitered corners, broken nails, and a few cuss words, I had done it! I DID IT! I FINISHED IT!! Which called for a huge glass of Chianti!

*TING!!*
I Love It!     Huni Loves It!..





Most importantly, SAMY LOVES IT!






My inspiration for this blanket came from Nova over at A Cuppa And A Catch Up, from her Peek-A-Boo-Bunting Tutorial. That has got to be the most adorable idea ever. Not to mention how much we adore Dr Seuss over here! Thanks for the inspiration Nova ;D

Happy Holidays Everyone!

<3,
Veronica 





No comments:

Post a Comment